Someday it will happen. The years will pass and the millennials will ceaseto be that generation of people who fill the bars before and after the Christmas Eve dinner and we will become responsible, the hosts, the patriarchs of that annual family reunion. We have done an exercise of reflection imagination about the moment that happens, the dreaded day when we millennials have to take care of the organization of the dinner and we have started to tremble.
1. There will be no dinner on the 24th. We will replace it with a brunch on Christmas day.
2. A brunch in which the menu will be… well, millennial . Yes, avocado everywhere.
3. Who wants a traditional Christmas appetizer and can eat sushi with kale? WHO?
4. O turkey with chía. Or ramen. Ramen at Christmas. Kill us
5. Eye, that organizing this menu is a challenge. That cousin Gael is vegan.
6. His sister, Luna, ovo-lacto-vegetarian.
7. The other cousin, Enzo, crudívoro.
8. And Aunt Valentina made us flexitarian in a yoga retreat.
9. So we can only resort to the one thing that unites all good millennials: the taste for vintage.
10. The spun egg will return.
11. The prawns cocktail in a pineapple (is there anything more millennial than pineapples?).
12. And the cake with whiskey. With trickle.
13. We can also use a Christmas JustEat. Minimum order: a turkey.
14. Let’s talk about the dress code. This will be history:
15. And all, absolutely ALL, will wear an ugly sweater :
16. Because, if we say it in English, we forget that we wear an ugly sweater:
17. It will no longer be essential the tree or the nativity scene or the espumillón, only the photocall for Instagram
18. And nothing of George Michael or Mariah Carey to the beat of Last Christmas . Millennial Christmas will have its own Carol Coachella.
19. The cuñadismo will end. The political situation in Catalonia will no longer be discussed at the table (well) or how the feminists are getting mad (very very well).
20. On millennial poinsettias you will hear phrases like “And what do you think about Pantone color next year?”
21. Or «Have you seen the last tattoo of the grandmother?»
22. And we will not have time to get up from the table before our family creates all kinds of memes
23. But that nobody thinks that everything will be bad news. With the millennials will come the end of the Christmas matriarchy.
24. Because, or tasks are distributed, or here do not eat / dinner / bruncheanobody
25. And it is that many things can change. The millennials can live in the most unexpected places in the world…
26. But Christmas will still be a good excuse to go home