Did you know that with yoga you can achieve a more muscular and athletic body? Although the main objective of this practice is not related to the purest fitness, the truth is that there are some “asanas” that help you to work certain muscles of the body and, therefore, to make them more toned and in perfect condition.
In this article we will discover 4 yoga postures to tone the abdomen in a few days with which you will strengthen this area of your body and say goodbye to the hated love handles.
The best of yoga asanas to mark the abs
The practice of some yoga postures can help you lose weight fast and that attacks localized fat in specific areas of the body, such as the belly. By performing these “asanas” you will be able to improve and stylize this part of the body, making you feel more comfortable and safe with your silhouette.
Here we offer you a list of the 4 best yoga postures to tone your abdomen that you can start doing right now.
Bridge posture, ideal for a flat abdomen
With this “asana” of yoga we will be able to stretch to the maximum areas such as the chest, spine and neck while, at the same time, you will strengthen the muscles of the abdomen and, also, of the buttocks and the back.
To do this asana, you just have to follow these steps:
- You will have to stand on your back on the mat, resting your feet on the floor
- Place your arms on the side of your body and raise yourself by arching your back in the shape of a bridge
- Inhale air and feel your abdomen contract
- Hold 20 seconds in this position and, then, go down little by little
Repeat this movement 10 times.
Posture the cobra, ideal for your abdomen
Another of the best yoga positions to tone the abdomen that will help you reduce belly fat is this that we explain below. To do this yoga posture to start the day, you should follow these steps:
- Lie down with your belly on the floor and place your hands at shoulder height
- Raises the head and chest by bending the back
- Stay in this position for 20 seconds
- Relax and repeat the movement again
Repeat this “asana” for 10 times and your belly will go toning naturally.
To achieve a flat stomach, the position of the iron can be a great option to reduce waist and tone the abdominals. It is one of the most effective that exists today and, in addition, it is very simple to do, so you can incorporate it into your home training. You must follow these instructions:
- Stand face down on the yoga mat and stretch your arms at shoulder height. You should also open your feet and place them across your hips
- You will be parallel to the ground, as if you were a board.
- All you have to do is hold 30 seconds in this position. You will notice how you contract the abdominals and how you exercise the whole body
- Lower the body to the ground, rest and rise again 30 seconds more
It is best that you repeat at least 5 times this exercise and that, as time goes by, you go holding more time in the position of the iron.
Dog’s posture inclined
We continue with this list of the best yoga postures to tone the abdomen to speak now of the dog inclined. It is about placing the body in a V shape and, thus, contracting the belly area to the maximum to exercise these muscles.
To do this, you must follow these steps:
- Stand up and bend yourself touching the ground with your hands.
- Your body should be forming a kind of V with the body
- Stretch your back well to stretch all the muscles
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and then relax
Repeat it 5 more times and you will get a body and a more toned belly.