How much has been the time that you have endured the urge to urinate? Delaying your visit to the bathroom can cause damage to your health, since it can generate from infections to kidney stones.
According to information published in The Huffington Post, an average bladder has the capacity to hold about eight glasses of water, so after that amount it is necessary to free space through urine.
The Australian Government Department of Health details that people eliminate between 200 and 500 milliliters of urine each time they visit the bathroom, which can happen between four and six times a day.
Do not hold on!
However, when a person endures the urge to urinate, the bladder can stretch or accumulate bacteria that damage the body and could endanger your life. Know the consequences!
- Interstitial cystitis The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) states that this condition is characterized by the need to urinate frequently and urgently, accompanied by pain. It occurs for different reasons, but one of them is the bacterial infection caused by holding back the urge to urinate.
- Urinary infection. When you wait a long time to urinate, different bacteria accumulate, which enter the urinary tract and damage your body. Even the infection can impact the kidneys, according to the NKUDIC.
- Kidney stones Also known as kidney stones, they are solid crystals that are formed in the kidney by substances found in urine. They are formed due to a urinary infection caused by the lack of going to the bathroom.
- Pyelonephritis It is a urinary tract infection that starts in the urethra or bladder, but if not treated in time can cause significant damage to the kidney. One of the causes is obstruction of the urinary tract or to resist the urge to go to the bathroom.
- Vesico-urethral reflux. This condition is generated when the urine returns to the urethra and kidneys, which detonates infections in the urinary tract. It is detonated by bacteria accumulated by resisting the urge to go to the bathroom.
Remember that maintaining a good intimate cleansing protects you from any urinary tract infection. Supplement your care with proper hydration and respect your biological needs such as going to the bathroom and you, have you endured a lot to urinate?