Overweight is a disorder that is caused by the accumulation of fats and toxins in the body, which elevates body weight above what is considered healthy.
Its main cause is the excessive consumption of calories through diet, although they also influence sedentary lifestyle, hormonal changes and metabolic difficulties.
In fact, some patients suffer from this condition due to the bad work of their digestive system, since their functions are decisive to correctly break down fats and absorb nutrients.
For this reason, although it is always essential to review the diet, some stomach disorders should be considered as possible responsible.
In this opportunity we share the 5 main ones so that you identify them and take measures in this regard.
1. Gastroesophageal reflux
Gastroesophageal reflux is a digestive disorder that causes an uncomfortable burning sensation in the chest, since the acid juices return to the esophagus due to the weakening of the valves that keep them in the stomach.
Its relation with the increase of corporal weight arises from the anxiety that it generates by the food , since some foods calm the symptoms temporarily.
Although in small portions they do not have to represent a problem, once the food is digested, the symptoms persist and the desire to continue eating reappears.
- Control the symptoms of reflux with natural infusions or low-calorie home remedies .
- Avoid eating fatty or irritating foods, because, far from alleviating the problem, they make it worse.
Ulcers, those injuries that usually occur in the lining of the stomach or small intestine , are the most common consequence of excessive acid production.
Like the previous disorder, it can influence weight gain because it leads to episodes of eating anxiety.
It manifests with abdominal swelling and constant nausea, which usually diminish after eating some foods.
Because of this, patients tend to consume more calories than they should and, as they do not control the condition soon, they experience a noticeable increase in weight.
- Avoid the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, analgesics and antibiotics during the treatment of ulcers.
- Exclude dairy, spicy and other irritating foods from your diet .
- Eat home remedies with alkaline properties, such as bicarbonate or aloe vera gel.
- Increase the consumption of water and digestive infusions.
Constipation is one of the digestive problems that most influences overweight because, by accumulating waste in the intestine, affects the functioning of the metabolism and hinders the processes that transform nutrients into energy sources.
The retention of toxins in the colon inflames the belly and causes a feeling of heaviness that may make you think that other habits to lose weight do not work.
However, it is not that the body is absorbing more calories, but that excess waste makes it difficult to see the results when trying to lose weight.
- Increase your consumption of dietary fiber. For this, do not hesitate to incorporate fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains into your diet.
- Consume between 6 or 8 glasses of water a day.
- Perform regular exercise, at least 30 minutes a day.
- It prepares natural laxatives, either in infusions or liquefied.
4. Alteration of bacterial flora
Alterations in the bacterial flora of the intestine are another influential factor when it comes to experiencing weight gain.
These interfere in the rhythm of metabolism and, in turn, generate difficulties to absorb and correctly use the nutrients that come from food.
These imbalances occur because the microorganisms grow excessively , or because they reduce their presence in the colon.
- Avoid excessive consumption of foods that alter the pH of the intestine (fats, refined flours, sugars, etc.)
- Increase the consumption of probiotic foods such as natural yogurt or fermented cabbages.
- Take between 1.5 and 2 liters of water every day.
5. Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome is a gastrointestinal condition that, due to the practice of bad eating habits, has increased considerably in recent years.
Its appearance is accompanied by other difficulties in the digestive system , which include inflammatory imbalances and alterations in the microbial flora.
It can cause constipation, abdominal swelling and difficulties in the digestion of some foods.
Thus, in case of ignoring their symptoms and not adopting a treatment, patients can gain weight and feel sick recurrently.
- Consult the doctor for any suspicion of this condition.
- Incorporate probiotic foods and digestive enzyme sources into your diet.
- Avoid all types of inflammatory foods and drinks to the maximum.
Do you identify any of these disorders? If you are having symptoms of digestive problems, or suspect that you do not lose weight due to these types of diseases, follow the recommendations given and consult the doctor to receive a more accurate diagnosis.