There are many people who live stages or situations of sadness, discouragement, depression or melancholy of which it is difficult to leave without the help of medication.
However, most prefer to avoid this medication as much as possible, as it has side effects and risk of dependence.
In this article we give you 8 fundamental tips to improve the mood in a natural way through good habits that will help you to feel the joy and the will to live again.
1. Food against sadness
Did you know that there are foods that have antidepressant virtues thanks to their nutritional values? They contain fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that help us regulate the nervous system naturally.
It is important to consume them on a regular basis, since some nutritional deficits are also related to states of sadness and depression.
We recommend including the following foods in our usual diet:
- Vegetables green leaf.
- Legumes: chickpeas and black beans.
- Nuts: nuts, almonds and pine nuts.
- Sunflower and linen seeds.
2. Do sport every week
Sport not only helps us to be in shape, to lose weight or to gain muscle. It is essential to have a good mood, especially for those people who have very sedentary routines.
After doing physical exercise of average intensity we secrete serotonin,known as the hormone of happiness, which makes us feel joy and well-being.
3. Refuge in nature
Life in urban environments has made us move away from nature, which has balancing effects on our body.
The contact with the earth or the sea, the rays of the sun, the smell of earth or rain, the colors of the mountains, etc. All these elements bring us serenity and harmony and are very necessary for those people who live in cities.
At least one weekend getaway is essential to combat sadness and charge energy for the whole week.
4. Discover chromotherapy
The colors with which we dress and surround have therapeutic functions on our organism. In fact, when choosing one color or another we already do it according to our mood.
We will avoid the black, gray and brown tones and we will opt for the following:
- Green: Very balancing, it produces effects as when we are in nature.
- Violet: Spiritual and relaxing, suitable for meditation states.
- Blue: Very relaxing, suitable only for when our sadness is related to states of stress.
- Orange: Color full of energy that brings us joy and vitality, as well as stimulating creativity.
- Red: Energy and passion, ideal to use without overdoing it, since it could provoke states of anger.
5. Enjoy the antidepressant aromas
The aromas also influence our nervous system . In this way, to use them in a therapeutic way, we recommend essential oils, with which we can perfume or dilute aromatic diffusers.
These essential oils have antidepressant properties:
- Fir tree.
6. Take Bach flowers
The Bach Flowers are a natural therapy to help balance the emotionswithout risk of dependence, contraindications or side effects.
Here are the most common:
- Wild oat (wild oats): When it is hard to find a goal or meaning to our life.
- Mustard (mustard): Depression of which we do not know the cause.
- Gentian (gentian field): Depression caused by external things that we do know.
- Sweet chestnut (sweet chestnut): For states of anguish, with a tendency to cry.
- Star of Behetlem (chicken milk): After a grieving situation.
- Wild rose (wild rose or rose hip): It helps us overcome apathy.
- Gorse (gorse): People with a lot of hopelessness and pessimism.
7. Direct the look well
Did you know that the movements we make with the eyes also influence our nervous system?
Always looking down leads us to states of depression, while looking up promotes optimism and well-being.
Propose to look up more often and it will improve both your mood and your vision.
8. Show gratitude
One of the best tips we can give to overcome sadness and melancholy is to propose to be better people, try to give more than receive, show gratitude to everyone.
Fighting every day for being a little better will make us feel better about ourselves and enter a circle of positivity.