The delicate skin that covers the lips can suffer continuous injuries due to the aggressions caused by the sun’s rays, toxins and other environmental factors.
It is common to notice that, for example, they begin to look dry or covered with dead cells, which ends up affecting the aesthetics of the entire face.
Although it is not a serious health problem, it can sometimes lead to the appearance of infections, spots and signs of aging.
In this opportunity we want to share the recipe of a homemade cream that, by its combination of natural ingredients, offers interesting benefits.
Do not stop trying!
Homemade cream to protect the skin of the lips
This homemade cream to protect the lips is a natural product that combines moisturizing ingredients and rich in essential nutrients to improve the appearance of this area of the skin.
Its effects are similar to those offered by commercial lip balms , but the formula is 100% natural, economical and free of unwanted side reactions.
This combines oily compounds rich in antioxidants that, together, repair cracked lips, with spots or scars.
Contains nourishing ingredients such as beeswax, known for its ability to moisturize, protect and regenerate.
Also coconut oil and vitamin E are two ingredients of organic origin that are often used in the manufacture of cosmetics.
These provide a protective effect against the UV rays of the sun and, in turn, create a barrier against bacteria and viruses that cause labial infections.
In general, this cream is recommended for:
- Protect the skin of the lips against the aggressions caused by the sun or cold temperatures.
- Scarring the lesions of the lips.
- Relieve dry or cracked lips.
- Retain natural moisture from the lips.
- Avoid excessive accumulation of dead cells.
- Prevent premature aging of the skin.
- Regulate the pH.
- Alleviate burns.
- Protect the lips against the negative impact of the lip chemicals.
How to prepare this homemade cream for the lips?
The preparation of this natural lip cream is very simple and its ingredients can be purchased at any cosmetic store or herbalist.
Try to acquire 100% organic oils, as often there are essences or refined presentations that do not have the same nutritional quality.
Store it in a cool, dark place so that it stays in perfect condition for longer.
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of rose oil (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey of bees (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil (15 g)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- Heat-resistant container.
- Wooden spoon or silicone.
- Glass or aluminum bottle with lid.
- Add the tablespoons of beeswax in a heat resistant container and take it to the water bath.
- Once it melts, incorporate rose oil and honey .
- Remove with a wooden spoon and make sure everything is well integrated.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and add the coconut and jojoba oil.
- Continue stirring for one minute and remove it.
- Add the contents of a vitamin E capsule and combine all the ingredients before the product begins to solidify.
- Send it in an aluminum or glass vial.
- Take a little protective cream with the tips of your fingers and rub it over your lips with a gentle massage.
- Let it absorb, without rinsing, and repeat its use 2 or 3 times a day.
- If you like, combine the cream with a spoonful of coarse sugar and use it as an exfoliant when you notice the presence of dead cells.
- In the latter case you should only do the treatment twice a week to avoid aggression.
As you just noted, there are other alternatives to take care of your lips apart from the expensive protectors that distribute in the market.
With a few minutes to invest you can prepare your own lip cream to take care of this part of your face without exposing it to aggressive chemicals .
You’ll love it!