Training also requires a mental requirement and sometimes we need to find inspiration to not give up. Who better than a professional athlete to help you meet your goals. That is why we have compiled some motivating phrases of four great athletes who have managed to achieve their dreams. Who knows, maybe you’re the next Olympic champion and you just need a little mental push.
One of the best boxers in history left us last year at age 74. Among many recognitions has the King of Boxing, was chosen six times the boxer of the year and was named Athlete of the XX Century. No matter what sport you practice, Muhammad can be your reference in effort and perseverance.
- “I hated every minute of training, but I kept repeating: ‘Do not give up, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”
- “Impossible is just a word used by the weak who find it easier to live in the world they have been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. Impossible is not a statement. It is a challenge. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Nothing is impossible”.
- “I am the greatest. I even said it to myself when I did not know it was. “
- “Do not count the days: get the days to count”.
It is difficult to collect all the successes that Jordan garnered during his career as a professional basketball player. He was six times champion of the NBA, Best Defender of the Year, has 2 Olympic medals, was named Athlete of the Year and Best Player in the history of the NBA. Accumulate own records and not because they gave him work, precisely. A lot of effort and discipline to get to excel in a team sport, without forgetting his teammates.
- “You can accept failure but I can not accept not trying.”
- “You must expect things from yourself before you can do them.”
- “Step by Step. I do not conceive any other way to achieve things. “
- “Who says he plays to the limit, is because he has it.”
- “Only play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. “
- “I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times they have relied on me to take the shot that the match won and I have failed. I have failed again and again in my life and that is why I am successful. “
Michael Phelps has managed to be the most awarded Olympic athlete of all time with 28 medals. Since he was 7 years old, he has become almost a water god. It has 6 world records and numerous recognitions beyond the Olympics. Without a doubt, Michael has achieved everything that has been proposed thanks to his ambition and his self-confidence.
- “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people are not willing to do.”
- “Nothing is impossible. With so many people saying that it can not be achieved, what is needed is imagination. “
- “I want to be able to look back and say” I’ve done everything I could and I’ve been successful “. I do not want to look back and say that I should do this or that. “
- “I want you to know that the greatest thing is to really believe in yourself.”
- “Things are not going to go perfect. It’s about you adapting to things and learning from mistakes. “
- “I do not like being second in anything.”
- “The more you dream, the more you get. If you say you can not, you are restricting what you can do or what you will do. “
As we already mentioned, Rafa Nadal won again the Number 1 in the World, so who better than him will know what it is to maintain motivation. With only 31 years, accumulates behind his back 2 Olympic medals, 4 times number 1 world, 10 Roland Garros, 3 US Open, 2 Grand Slam, among many more. Rafa knows what it is to suffer, since due to his injuries he has had to temporarily stop his career; Even so, he always returns with his mind fixed on getting the best out of him.
- “Without suffering, there is no happiness”.
- “The mental part is very important, because in the end always bad moments come and you have to be prepared to accept them and thus overcome them. It’s like life, in which you have to accept with the same calm the good and the bad moments. “