A few days ago we told you that Movistar thought to shake up the fiber market with new speeds in the first quarter of 2018.
Although it is pending confirmation Already confirmed by the CNMC, we can advance the movements that will be announced imminently and that will come into force as of February next year. Broadly speaking, we will have doubling the speed of Movistar Fusion packages and more gigs to navigate the rates in exchange for an increase in the monthly fee. Next, we review all the details about it.
The telecommunications market is boiling with the launch of several new features in recent weeks. Without going any further, we have Vodafone with 1 Gbps of speed and also Yoigo with this same speed. Nor can we forget that Orange will offer 500 symmetric Mbps in all convergent Love rates. In this situation, everyone expects movements within Movistar.
Movistar Fusión will rise in price in exchange for double the speed and more gigas
If everything follows the expected script With the approval of the CNMC on the table, the operator should make this information official sooner rather than later . With them, we will have a convergent offer (Movistar Fusión) that will be renewed to continue leading the convergent Spanish market that it created in 2012.
The changes, which should take effect in February 2018, are articulated on three different fronts. First, we will have duplication of the maximum navigation speed. Clients with symmetric 300 Mbps will now enjoy 600 symmetric Mbps in the same package. At the same time, clients with 50 Mbps will have symmetric 100 Mbps.
Second, we will have improved data bonuses to navigate. This is something that is occurring in all operators to respond to the growing demand for user data. Recall that we currently have packages with 8GB on the main line and 200MB in the secondary along with other packages with 20GB or 40GB (10GB per line). The data increase will be 2GB per line.
Finally, the last change will be related to the price. We have learned that the most expensive versions of Movistar Fusión will go up in price starting in February 2018. The price increase in the monthly fee will be 5 euros more per month. On the contrary, the most economic modalities, “Fusion zero and Fusion Series” will not change their price.
Currently, the offer of Movistar Fusión is configured in the following way according to the mobile rates and the television offer:
- Movistar Fusion # 0 for 45 euros or 57 euros with two mobile lines (200 + 2GB and 0 cent + 200MB)
- Movistar Fusion Series for 60 euros or 72 euros with two mobile lines (unlimited + 4GB and 0 cent + 200MB)
- Movistar Fusion + Leisure for 75 euros or 90 euros with two mobile lines (unlimited + 8GB and 0 cent + 200MB)
- Movistar Fusion + Football for 75 euros or 90 euros with two mobile lines (unlimited + 8GB and 0 cent + 200MB)
- Movistar Fusion + Total Fiction for 120 euros with two mobile lines with unlimited + 20GB to share
- Movistar Fusion + Football total for 120 euros with two mobile lines with unlimited + 20GB to share
- Movistar Fusion + Premium for 145 euros with two mobile lines with unlimited + 20GB to share
- Movistar Fusion + Premium Extra for 160 euros with two mobile lines with unlimited + 20GB to share
- Movistar Fusion +4 Premium for 170 euros with four mobile lines with unlimited + 40GB to share
- Movistar Fusion +4 Premium Extra for 185 euros with four mobile lines with unlimited + 40GB to share
- Movistar Fusion +4 Premium Total for 205 euros with four mobile lines with unlimited + 40GB to share
* Movistar Fusion Series has a discount for 3 months while Fusion + Leisure for 6 months at half price for new additions.
Other novelties that will arrive in 2018 by the blue operator are the plastic fiber of Movistar to reach 1 Gbps inside the home without problems and the new 4K deco that will be launched in the month of February. It is very likely that all the details of the new 4K content offer will be announced soon, coinciding with the duplication of the speed and the new data plans.
Do not forget to visit the Movistar Forum to leave your doubts, questions or comments.