The kiwi is the fruit of a bush of the same name, brown and fine skin, its shape is oval. It is highly recommended in weight loss diets because of its high satiating power, having few calories, and being very diuretic.
The kiwi has many properties, noted for its high nutritional value and for having a higher density of nutrients compared to other fruits. It is one of the richest in vitamin C, reaching to have some of its varieties even triple the orange. They are also an excellent source of fiber and other nutrients, such as folic acid, potassium and antioxidants.
The high content of vitamin C in the kiwi makes it a good remedy against anemia and stress, but there are many more benefits of kiwi consumption in our body: – Immune system: vitamin C and other substances with antioxidant properties present in the kiwis contribute to the proper functioning of the immune system. According to the results of the study carried out by the Faculty of Pharmacy of the Complutense University of Madrid, recently published in the medical journal Hospital Nutrition, it could be said that, in the absence of demonstrating effects in the longer term, the habitual consumption of kiwi can protect against to cardiovascular diseases for its effects on oxidative stress
– Respiratory system: it has been proven that, thanks to vitamin C and other antioxidants; the consumption of kiwifruit has positive effects against colds and flu, two of the most frequent problems of the respiratory system
– Digestive system: there are many studies that confirm the benefits of kiwi for digestive health, thanks to its fiber content and actinidin, an enzyme only present in this fruit that helps digest proteins from other foods. The efficacy of kiwi consumption in the treatment of constipation and in patients with irritable bowel syndrome has been demonstrated
– Hypertensive people: the consumption of kiwi helps to restore electrolyte balance, given its low sodium content and its high content of potassium
– It promotes good blood circulation: for its content in vitamin E and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, the kiwi fluidifies the blood, making it a good protector against thrombosis, angina, strokes and heart attacks. In addition, it reduces the level of cholesterol in blood
– It improves the mood: the kiwi has a positive effect on the mood of people who consume a small amount of fruit and vegetables. According to a study developed by Zespri, it has been concluded that consuming two yellow ziwis of the Zespri SunGold variety daily for six weeks reduces fatigue, increases energy and improves general mood
With all this suggests that taking kiwis regularly as part of a balanced diet can be an effective strategy to promote health and prevent many diseases.