As the winter solstice approaches, and the veil between the realm of mortals and the spirit world grows thinner, it should not be surprising to see a sudden increase in the reports of women who have had sex with ghosts.
Earlier this week, a woman named Sian Jameson told The Sun that she had a sexual encounter with a handsome ghost in a remote cabin in Wales, following a traumatic break with her boyfriend. At first he visited her in a series of erotic dreams, then materialized at his side. “During the sexual act, I could know and feel all kinds of things about him: his name was Robert and he lived more than 100 years ago,” he told the tabloid. “His body was soft and light, even when he moved on me, pressing down, he felt very light, it was very strange, but the sex was amazing!
Shortly thereafter, a woman named Amethyst Realm appeared on the British TV show This Morning, claiming that she started having sex with ghosts in her house and that she has not had sex with any human being ever since. His first erotic encounter with a ghost happened 10 years ago, when he was still in a relationship with his mortal fiancé. As often happens with love affairs, Realm was caught half-assed when her future husband returned a day before a trip. “He saw the silhouette of a man through the window of the visiting room,” he explained.
Having been betrayed, Realm’s boyfriend broke up with her and, then, she and the ghost decided to have sex all over the house: “Once my fiance left, we had relationships everywhere,
always inside the building. “The romance with that particular ghost lasted a while, until the entity” began to appear less and less “and Realm ended the inter dimensional love affair.
After that, Realm started having regular sex with a variety of ghosts, each as different in style and feel as any human couple could be. “Now, I’m not interested in men,” he said.
The paranormal sex has been an object of fascination for centuries in all cultures, from the Japanese vampire Yuki-Onna, who is said to sleep with men and then kills up to Lamia, a Greek mimetic that attracts and kills men. Merlin himself had a demonic father and myths about sexual spiritual beings abound, such as the fairy Melusina and the iconic Lilith , who seduces men in their dreams to father demon children.
This fascination, clearly, has persisted in the modern era. Beyond the stories of Sian and Realm, there is an innumerable number of people (including pop star Kesha) who has reported these experiences. “Throughout history, there have been many people who claim to have consensual sexual relations with human spirits, as well as many who claim to have been forced by an entity to have sexual intercourse, which is generally known as spectrophilia,” says Jason. Hawes, founder of the Atlantic Paranormal Society and cast member of SyFy’s Ghost Hunters series.
People who have sex with ghosts experience both “positive and negative” encounters, explains Lloyd Auerbach, director of the Office of Paranormal Investigations and president of the Forever Family Foundation., an organization dedicated to the understanding of the beyond. In his experience, most of these reports tend to be negative, although he acknowledges that this may be because people are less likely to call paranormal authorities after a pleasant or positive encounter. “The reason we hear mainly about unpleasant sexual encounters is because people are asking for help,” says Auerbach. (It is common to hear about cheerful spirits who like to fornicate in casual circumstances, such as parties).
If one is experiencing harmful or unwanted sexual manifestations by a ghost, the solution is encouragingly simple. “The living have more psychic power than the dead will ever have,” says Auerbach. To avoid such unwanted manifestations, it is only necessary to visualize a force field that surrounds the predatory spectrum and thus block it energetically.
The experience of sexual contact with spirits has its nuances. According to Auerbach, those who think they have had sex with ghosts are usually going through a breakup or face the mourning of a lover’s death, and tend to experience sexual encounters in their dreams. In many of these cases, he tells us, the ghost in question is only a creation of the unconscious mind. “Most of the time, they’re already in bed and something wakes them up, and it’s hard to tell if it’s real or not,” Auerbach explains.
According to Hawe,”usually more than 99 percent of these claims can be refuted,” and the majority is some form of “vivid dream, sleep paralysis and / or hallucinations. “But the percentage of remaining encounters of less than 1 percent, he insists, is absolutely real.
The phenomenon of sex with ghost is easy to discard and difficult to prove, agree both experts, but Auerbach notes that it has an obvious benefit: “If there is a group of ghosts who try to have sex with living people,” he says, “at least It’s about safe sex.”