If you have an Android phone and do not have a credit or debit card, you can now pay for Google Play applications charged to your rate plan or Telcel prepaid balance.
This means that Telcel customers will continue to have the current payment benefits in the Google Play Store as: debit or credit card, Google Play balance or PayPal account, but they can also use the option to pay with balance or charge to your rate plan.
AT & T was the first operator in Mexico to have this option available to its prepaid and postpaid customers since 2015, and according to information fromthe Google Play Store help website, Telcel is now compatible with this feature.
If you are a Telcel customer, the only thing you will have to do to pay for an application, movie, music or subscription will be the following:
- Select the product you want to buy and press on the “Pay” option
- Choose the option “Payment methods”
- Then press “Use Telcel billing”
- The system will verify that your account is active and can be used for payments with charge through Telcel.
- Ready, the charge will be made with your Telcel balance or with a charge to your monthly bill if you are a postpaid client.
So far Telcel has not released any statement about the balance that can be used to pay for applications, but it is likely that the gift balance can not be used for payment, as is the case with AT & T. In the same way if you use your balance to buy packages you will not be able to pay for the applications, for this you will have to make an additional recharge to make your purchases in the digital store.
What do you think about this new feature offered by Telcel to its customers who use Android?