One would think that Mexicans care about the security of their home before their social networks, however, a recent study showed that it is the opposite.
Thanks to the analysis carried out by Kaspersky Lab, it was announced that the priorities of Mexicans are ordered in a rather unique way, since they are more concerned about being hacked into their social networks, entering their home and stealing everything they need. what’s inside of her
The study carried out by Kaspersky Lab with the Chilean market research consultancy CORPA, brought to light that 1 in 5 Mexicans prefer to be stolen at home before they block social networks, as it is known that this could trigger a series of unfortunate events that could end up in the impersonation and total theft of identity.
This is worrying, however, it is not the only one that should be paid attention, since there are other figures that will make frown on more than one:
- 66% of Mexicans have shared the password of their smartphones and tablets with a third party
- 55% of Mexicans have provided their personal data in at least 5 web pages
- 80% of Mexicans have left their session open on devices that are not their own
Similarly, it was discovered that 23% of Mexican Internet users, between 18 and 24 years old, have suffered a hack because it has been proven that they do not take into account the security measures or the terms and conditions that come in the app downloads. and/or programs:
- 40% of Mexicans accept that I deactivate their security solution on their cell phone or PC in order to download an app
- 42% of Mexicans admit that they do not have a security app
- 54% of Mexicans do not read the conditions of an app before downloading it because they consider it extensive and boring
Based on this information, it is known that citizens do not have a clear idea of what can happen to them if their personal data reaches the wrong hands.
Therefore it is recommended that you always read all the information tat arises when you are going to download an application or program on the devices and discard the download in case it is believed that something bad may happen in the not too distant future.