Did you know that yoga is an ideal exercise to lose weight and control weight? For all those who wonder if it is possible to lose weight doing yoga, we want to affirm that yes. The yoga helps you lose weight and tone muscles throughout the body, so more and more people are encouraged to practice this discipline.
Although in a first contact you can think that it is a discipline focused on relaxation, the truth is that yoga asanas are the perfect allies to lose weight in a short time and strengthen the muscles progressively. Do you want to know how you can lose weight fast with yoga and make the most of all its benefits? Continue reading to discover the keys to lose weight practicing yoga and some practical tips to enjoy this popular exercise to the fullest.
Why can you lose weight fast by practicing yoga?
Before revealing how you can lose weight quickly with yoga, we will explain how this discipline can help you lose those extra kilos and sculpt your silhouette. First of all, you should know that the different yoga postures allow to promote mental concentration and focus energy on certain muscles. Also, and as you will be explained in your first yoga class, each asana helps to improve the stability of the body and focus our attention on certain movements.
To make matters worse, these are some of the reasons why yoga helps lose weight and keep you within your ideal weight:
- It helps to tone the muscles and direct the force to certain parts of the body where the greatest amount of fat is concentrated.
- It allows control of breathing and promotes blood circulation.
- It improves the digestions with the different movements that it promotes, in a way that avoids the accumulation of fats and allows to make the most of the nutrients of the food, besides promoting the correct functioning of the metabolism.
- Reduces anxiety and stress, besides being a very effective sport discipline to favor concentration and regulate the nervous system.
The best yoga positions to lose weight
Each one of the yoga or asanas poses allows to work specific muscles and, consequently, it helps to reduce the fats accumulated in the different parts of the body. Although there are many yoga poses to lose weight fast, we want to reveal which are the most effective to achieve this goal:
- Posture of the cobra (Bhujangasana) to lose weight: if you learn to do the posture of the cobra correctly, you will be allowing your body to burn fat more quickly, especially in the area of the abdomen. You can also tone thighs and glutes and strengthen the back muscles.
- Warrior posture to lose weight: thanks to the posture of the warrior, you can seek the integration of the lower and back part of the body, at the same time that you will work your balance and strengthen your abdomen.